Start every day with a little curiosity.
Today, Sydney traveled to Madrid and ordered lunch in Spanish. Trevor measured the Great Wall of China. Sam hosted a tea party, with British scones and real china. All in the same classroom.
The Walden School will take your child adventuring. Our thoughtfully-designed classrooms encourage curiosity. We fill each room with engaging activities and let children lead the way. And since every activity is rooted in science, your child will grow—no matter which adventure they choose.See for Yourself
Spark your child's natural brilliance.
Montessori is an educational philosophy that will empower the natural intelligence and curiosity of your child. To ignite children's innate desire to learn, we prepare beautiful classroom environments filled with hands-on activities. We encourage collaboration. We work in uninterrupted blocks of time and give children choice from a range of projects. Yet caring teachers keep our classrooms peaceful, fostering mutual respect. It's a harmonious, vibrant environment designed to help your child to grow.
The Montessori approach is rooted in the work of Dr. Maria Montessori, an Italian physician and educator. Dr. Montessori's research about child development led her to create a measured, scientific approach to education that engages children in active learning. And research shows that this Montessori-style education leads to happy, successful lives.More About Montessori
Our curriculum grows along with your child.
Our preschool/kindergarten classrooms use a Montessori approach to build a foundation for growth. From first through eighth grade, we carefully integrate academics that expand in complexity from grade to grade, continually challenging our students' developing minds.
- Practical life
- Physical education
- Language arts
- Social and natural sciences
- Physical education
- Life skills
Choose to start off slow or dive right in.
We treat every child as an individual. Our educational philosophy even extends into how much school is right for your child. So we have a number of enrollment options—whether your child needs five full days of care or just a few mornings a week in our classrooms.
Preschool Enrollment Options
- Three Half Day (Tue, Wed, Thu)—8:45 am - 11:30 am | $6,600
- Three Half Day (Tue, Wed, Thu)—8:45 am - 12:30 am | $7,380
- Three Full Day (Tue, Wed, Thu)—8:45 am - 3:00 pm | $10,800
- Five Half Day—8:45 am - 11:30 am | $11,000
- Five Half Day & Lunch—8:45 am - 12:30 pm | $12,300
- Five Full Day—8:45 am - 3:00 pm | $13,975
- Please click here for the Preschool Program Application
Kindergarten Enrollment Options
- Regular Day, five full days—8:45 am - 3 pm | $13,975
- Extended Day—7:30 am - 6 pm | $8.00 per hour
- Please click here for the Kindergarten Program Application
Elementary/Middle School Enrollment Options
- Regular Day, grades 1-8—8:30 am - 3 pm | $14,400
- Extended Day—7:30 am - 8:30 pm & 3:00pm - 5:30pm | $8.00 per hour
- Please click here for the Elementary/Middle School Application
All tuition and fees are for the 2016-2017 school year, and are subject to change.
Consider us family.
We're in this together. We strive to give your child the best possible learning environment. So we'll work with you to build consistency between school and home. We'll communicate often and invite you to attend as many school events as your schedule allows. But when you're busy, there's no need to worry; we'll keep your child on track, and make sure you stay in the loop.
Open Houses November to May.
Open Houses Starting in November 9:30-11:00 am We hold an Open House for prospective families—just give us a call and let us know you're coming. Or we'll help you arrange another time if Wednesdays don't work well for you.Schedule a Visit
Come for a visit, stay for awhile.
We ask every future Walden family to visit us before submitting an application. We care about you and your child—so we like to connect applications with friends we've already met.
- First, schedule a visit to see our school. Explore our classrooms. Meet our teachers. We can't wait to welcome you to Walden.
- Second, submit an application form for Preschool-K (pdf) or Grades 1-8 (pdf). Elementary and middle school students should also submit copies of school records (report cards, standardized test scores, and other pertinent academic materials).
- Third, we'll schedule a classroom visit for your child. This will help them adjust to school here and build excitement for the coming year.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our admissions office at any time.
- The Walden School
- 901 N. Providence Road, Media, PA 19063
- 610.892.8000 | send email
Still have questions?
We're used to questions. So in the words of our teachers, "If you're curious, start exploring." Here are some links to get you started.
- What makes Montessori different?
- Why multi-age classrooms?
- What financial aid does Walden offer?
- What extra-curriculars are offered?
- What is the extended day program?